There are many tips and tricks you can incorporate into your teeth care routine. You can also make better lifestyle choices to ensure you’re not inadvertently staining your teeth and discoloring them. Remember if you want a quick and easy solution to whitening your teeth, you can visit a teeth whitening dental practice and a dentist will guide you through an effective teeth whitening procedure. A bright white smile can be the key to feeling confident and good about ourselves in all sorts of life situations. But the key question you have is probably how to make your teeth white in the first place.
How to Make Your Teeth White
The first step in making your teeth whiter is to work out what is discoloring them in the first place. Think about how often you clean your teeth and what you do to keep them in top condition.
If you’re unsure about how your lifestyle is impacting your teeth, schedule an appointment with your dentist who can help you work out what you could do at home to improve the health and appearance of your teeth.
The cosmetic dentist in Corpus Christi TX can give your teeth a professional clean which will remove some layers of discoloration. Over time plaque builds up and can eventually turn into hardened tartar, which is impossible to remove at home with a toothbrush.
If there is enough of a buildup of plaque and tartar, your teeth will appear duller in color. Getting a professional-level deep clean of your teeth is the first step in making them several shades whiter.
Take Better Care of Your Teeth
There are many reasons why your teeth might not be as white as you’d like. Many of these reasons come down to lifestyle choices and poor dental hygiene habits including:
- Food and drink – Dark beverages such as coffee, tea, and wine can discolor the teeth through exposure. Foods high in sugars can promote bacterial growth that causes plaque to discolor.
- Poor dental hygiene – Regular brushing and flossing is a great way to keep teeth white. Having poor dental hygiene, however, can lead to yellowed teeth.
- Health and medication – Certain medical conditions and medications can also darken teeth.
- Smoking – Among its many negative impacts on your health, smoking also damages and yellows teeth.
Having awareness of what foods and beverages to avoid as well as what lifestyle choices to make can be hugely beneficial in knowing how to make your teeth white. Once you know which lifestyle choices to make and how to take better care of your teeth, you’ll see an improvement in the color of your teeth.
Get a Teeth Whitening Treatment at Your Dentist’s
If you’ve tried to improve your dental hygiene habits and are already avoiding foods and beverages that discolor your teeth, it might be simply down to genetics that your teeth appear discolored.
If you’re left wondering how to make your teeth white after trying everything, don’t worry it could be down to something you can’t control.
Some people naturally have a darker shade of enamel which is nothing to worry about. Luckily, teeth whitening procedures work just as effectively on naturally darker enamels.
The cosmetic dentist in Corpus Christi, TX offers a range of different teeth whitening treatment options including:
- Simple treatments you can do at home
- Immediate and noticeable results
- Maximum comfort with no sensitivity
- Treatments that can support the busiest lifestyles including frequent travel
If you’re still wondering how to make your teeth white and want a reliable and effective solution, call your dentist and schedule a teeth whitening consultation today.